Epoxybond Pool Putty 2-Part Set | Swimming Pool & Spa Repair | Fix Cracks Leaks Underwater or Above | Concrete, Fiberglass & Variety of Other Surfaces | by Atlas Minerals
EPOXYBOND POOL PUTTY
EPOXYBOND POOL PUTTY is a unique two-part, hand-moldable epoxy putty specially formulated for concrete or gunite pool repairs. The convenient cartridge form provides a simple, equal mixing ratio (1 to 1). Just cut, mix and fix. There is no need todrain pools to repair leaks and cracks because EPOXYBOND POOL PUTTY hardens under water. Once cured, it will not shrink or sag.
MIXING AND APPLICATION
Under Water Repairs
1. Area to be repaired must be free of loose particles,slime and algae.
2. Mix equal amounts of Resin and Hardener thoroughly, above water, until putty is uniform in color.
3. For best adhesion, press putty firmly into areasrequiring repair.
Above Water Repairs
1. Area to be repaired must be thoroughly cleaned.Remove grease, loose particles and rust. For bestadhesion, roughen surface with wire brush orsandpaper.
2. Mix equal amounts of Resin and Hardenerthoroughly until putty is uniform in color.
3. For above water repairs, the putty can be contouredor smoothed by carefully rubbing with a wet sponge.
Note: It is important to apply EPOXYBOND POOLPUTTY at least 1/16” thick. After application, EPOXYBOND POOL PUTTY should not be disturbed until completely cured.
TYPICAL SETTING TIME
The setting of EPOXYBOND POOL PUTTY results froman exothermic reaction. Curing can be accelerated byapplying an external heat source. The greater the heat, the quicker the curing. Do not heat above 200 oF (93oC).
Equipment should be cleaned with soap and warm water before the materials referred to in this Data Sheet beginto set. Methyl Ethyl Ketone (MEK) or alcohol will haveto be used after the material has begun to harden.
Dispose of residues and wastes in accordance withthe directions in the Material Safety Data Sheets andgovernment regulations.
STORAGE AND SHELF LIFE
Store all materials in a cool, dry environment. Keep allmaterials out of direct sunlight. Ideal storage temperatureis 75oF (24oC). Protect from freezing. In unopenedoriginal containers, the materials referred to in this DataSheet have a shelf life of approximately one year.