Free Delivery for All Orders Over $40
Nu-Clo 7 Day Chlorine Tablets
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
- Slow Dissolving Stabilized Chlorine Tablets
- 3" - 8 oz.
- 1 tablet per 5,000 gallons weekly
- Active ingredient: Triclore-s-Trizinetrione 99%
- How to Use Chlorine Tablets: Chlorine tablets are designed for easy and convenient use in your pool. Simply add the correct number of tablets to your pool's floating dispenser or in-line chlorinator. We advise against putting tablets in your skimmer as this can wear down your equipment faster over time. The amount of tablets to use will depend on current water chemistry, usage, and water temperature. It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions to ensure safe and effective use.
- The Effect on Water Chemistry: Chlorine tablets are one of the most common methods of sanitizing a pool, allowing even and effective sanitation throughout the week. However, using too many chlorine tablets can cause the pH level of your pool water to drop, making it more acidic. If the pH level is too low, it can cause skin and eye irritation and damage your pool equipment. Chlorine tablets also contain cyanuric acid (CYA) AKA “stabilizer”. When kept between 30 and 70 ppm, this chemical will protect your chlorine from dissipating quickly due to UV radiation. But when too much CYA is present it can weaken the effectiveness of your chlorine.
- How to Maintain Water Chemistry: To maintain the proper water chemistry in your pool when using chlorine tablets, it is important to regularly check the pH, chlorine and stabilizer levels. This can be done using a pool water testing kit, test strips or by having your water tested by a pool professional. Even when using tablets, it is important to shock your pool regularly using liquid or granular chlorine.